cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

0 mm rip pattern

AndrazGuncar
1-Newbie

0 mm rip pattern

Hello

I have a little problem with sheet metal module in Creo 2. I want to make rip on a bent edge with 0 thickness so when i would unfold the plate i should get pattern of only 1 line for laser cutting procedure. I need those rips for hand bending as you can see from pictures:

I want to reduce the laser cutting time, so instead of those rectangles (picture3) i want to get pattern of lines (pic1)

To get these lines i had to send those dxf to a friend so he could delete those rectangles and put lines instead. He used some other program to do that.

1.jpg

pic 1 & 2 lines

2.jpg

Dxf with rectangles costs 2x more because of longer cutting time

And i received this:

3.jpg

pic 3 & 4 rectangles

4.jpg

All those parts can be bent by hand.

I placed a plane on 2 side edges and extrude rectangle shape like seen in next picture:

5.jpg

I can draw lines on drawing or on a sketch but this would take me to much time and its not attached to flat state after doing some changes

Is there any way to put rip in the middle of this bent edge and make pattern of it ?

Regards Andraz

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Use projected curves onto the flat to get the lines to follow the surface bending/unbending.

I think there isn't a way for the software to manage a slot that has no sides. A rip doesn't exist in a real flat pattern, so it doesn't have sides, but the software can't display it that way. I expect that software that appears to do this only does it by adding the location of the rip to the flat pattern as a curve, not a solid feature.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Use projected curves onto the flat to get the lines to follow the surface bending/unbending.

I think there isn't a way for the software to manage a slot that has no sides. A rip doesn't exist in a real flat pattern, so it doesn't have sides, but the software can't display it that way. I expect that software that appears to do this only does it by adding the location of the rip to the flat pattern as a curve, not a solid feature.

Thanks a lot! Projected curve is good idea.

Have a great day !

Top Tags