cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Annotations & Layers

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Annotations & Layers

Creo2, M120

We are not big users of annotations except for the occasional 3D note to bring dimensional or parameter info on screen in a model.  in the past, we used the old 3D note feature and we had a rule based layer in our start part that found those notes and turned them on and off as needed.  The rule on that layer was this:

Look for: Note
Look by: note
Name == *

That worked great and gathered up the notes and let us hide them.

In Creo 2, we now have to create an annotation feature with a note inside*.  The note still ends up on the layer, but nothing will make the note go away.  I've tried other rules with the same results:

Look for: Feature
Look by: Annotation
Name == *

Look for: Feature
Look by: Feature
Type == Annotation Feature

All get the annotation feature on the layer, but hiding the layer does nothing to make the note go away.

What am I missing?  How can control the visibility of a 3D note with layers?

* I did discover that the old note feature is still there, but it seems to behave just like an annotation anyway.

--
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags