cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Auto-scale first sketch: has anyone managed to make it work?

bmancini
13-Aquamarine

Auto-scale first sketch: has anyone managed to make it work?

Hi,
in the introductory video of what's new in Creo 9.0, in the Sketcher section, there is "Auto-scale first sketch".
Looking in the config I found the option:
sketcher_auto_scale_dimensions which by default is set to "yes".
The description of the option is: "When creating the first sketch in the model and modifying the value of a weak dimension for the first time, controls whether to auto scale the sketch in proportion to the modified dimension. "

I haven't been able to make it work yet, maybe I misinterpret it, has anyone managed to make it work?

Thank you.

I use creo 9.0.0.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:bmancini)

It seems like it may be necessary to recreate your start parts.  I can get the new behavior to work if I start from an 'empty' part or the PTC provided start parts, but not if starting from one of our existing start parts (templates) and the initial sketch contains more than one dimension.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV

It seems like it may be necessary to recreate your start parts.  I can get the new behavior to work if I start from an 'empty' part or the PTC provided start parts, but not if starting from one of our existing start parts (templates) and the initial sketch contains more than one dimension.

bmancini
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

Thanks TomU,
following your instructions I was able to make it work!

Domen
14-Alexandrite

Hi.

I also came across this problem. The cause of this problem are sections defined on star part.

If there are no sections, then autoscale works ok.

If there are sections, then autoscale is not working.

I think this is a bug in Creo 9.0. I have opened a case with PTC support.

Regards,

Domen

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Domen)

I expect that the sections in the start part have effectively set the scale of the part.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Domen
14-Alexandrite
(To:Domen)

This bug will be fixed in Creo 9.0.4.0. PTC Case CS380381

Top Tags