cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Compare Part - Slow translations afterwards

TedOtto
3-Visitor

Compare Part - Slow translations afterwards

I use the Compare Part, by Geometry quite often when making modeling changes.  Mostly with complex die cast models to verify that after I make a change, nothing accidentally changes.  When I un-click the “Show only changed areas” box in the popup window, select my spacing and tolerance, after it runs thru it, when I try to rotate, pan, zoom model, it moves very slowly and jerky, pretty much unusable.  If I check the “Show only changed areas” box then it will rotate, pan & zoom faster.  Problem is on our cast and machined castings, we designate blue surfaces as “to be machined” surface on cast models and red surfaces are “machined” surfaces in our machined models.  So when I do a compare and check the Show only changed areas, I have to be careful since we use the blue and red surfaces in our models.

Is there anyway to keep the Show only changed areas box unchecked and speed up the pan, zoom, rotate the model after the results post?  If not, is there way to change the color scale of the results so I can use different colors instead of blue and red which we designate for machined or to be machined surfaces?

I'm using Creo 8

Thanks!

Ted

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags