cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Healing imported data (iges)

scott_rockwell
5-Regular Member

Healing imported data (iges)

You guys are the best so here goes ...

I am having trouble with this RJ45 connector (iges) I received from a supplier. Their appears to be a few small edges that need to be healed in order for it tobecome a solid. I'm running WF2.0 and don't have access to Import Data Doctor (at least I don't think I do). Is there a way to fix this in WF2.0? I don't need it to be parametric so ifsomeone can heal it for me and send me back a STEP or neutral file that would work also.

I have other larger more complicated files in the same condition and I need to find the best approach. If it means getting into WF4.0 or even 5.0, I'll put my efforts there and export/import back into 2.0. If there is a way to get it done in WF2.0 even better.

TIA

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Scott,
I took a look at your part and it appears to be an assembly. I was able
to separate the two parts into separate files, but one of them is a sheet
metal type of cover and the coincident geometry (a folded wall laying on
top of another) is struggling to make itself into a conventional solid. It
needs to be created as a sheet metal part.
Here is a STEP of the assembly that will allow you to look at the two
parts individually. You should be able to work through the sheet metal
component to get what you need.

HIH, any questions, feel free to call,

Bob Frindt
Sr. Designer
Parker Hannifin Corporation
Parker Aerospace
Gas Turbine Fuel Systems Division
9200 Tyler Boulevard
Mentor, OH 44060 USA
direct (440) 954-8159