cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Sketch

VitaliyTimoshen
1-Newbie

Sketch

How I can understand in what units I working in sketch (not part's sketch)? mm or inches or something else.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

It is unitless. When you insert a sketch into a part the sketch dimensions take the units the part is setup in.

It mean that if I make font size =3 units (and think that it's mm) If I add this sketch to inch drawing I will get 3inch high font? Amazing.

Here is what happens to a sketch when inserted into a part using the ProE default unit system (Inch lbm Second) at a scale of 1. The value in the sketch is a ratio.
Top Tags