cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

relating dimensions

ptc-154724
1-Newbie

relating dimensions

I have an assembly, for simple purposes it is two components. I want to relate a dimension from the second part to the first part in the assembly. In the first part added, the dimension is d224:F143. In the second part, the dimension is d224:F21. How can I put in a relation that will make d224:F21 equal to d224:F143? I have just tried to say d224:F121=d224:F143, but it does not work. Any help would be appreciated. The assembly DOES NOT use a skeleton model approach to the design. Dennis
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I don't think you need the F in those dimensions. What goes after the collon is the part session ID.
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:Kevin)

You can let Pro/E do the job: In the model tree, CTRL+click the features driven by the dimensions that you want to add to the relation, right-click and choose "Edit" then go to Tools>Relations and simply click the first dimension, type "=" and click the second dimension.

Thank you. This did work. The only thing I find is I have to regenerate twice for the second part that is related to the first part to be correct. Dennis
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:ptc-154724)

I tried and when I modify the driving dimension (by right-clicking>Edit in the assembly model tree) and regenerate the assembly, my relation works fine, no need to regenerate twice... Did you activate the whole assembly before you regenerate it?
Top Tags