cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How can I regen all models on a drawing at one time.

JamieHarless
1-Newbie

How can I regen all models on a drawing at one time.

Is there any way I can regen all the models on the drawing one after another without having to set each one one active and then hit regen? Some of our flat state drawings have 2 or 3 hundred models and we have to regen each one to ensure they update correctly. This is very time consuming. Please help if you can. Thanks.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I'm surprised to hear this, but I don't do much sheetmetal. Try doing a regen twice in succession. Pro/E has ALWAYS had an issue with not finishing the neccessary regens.

I don't deal with assemblies that large, but this might help (as long as you have AAX and are using top-down design). Make sure the top-level assembly is the active model in the drawing, and regenerate that. In instances where I want to be absolutely sure, I would close the drawing, erase not displayed, open the top level assembly, regen. that, then open the drawing. When you open the drawing you should see in the dashboard that each instance and flat pattern is being regenerated. This is the only way I know of getting it to work, and thus far it has not failed me.

have u tried view-update-all sheets? that's usually what i use and it seems to regen the model and all drawing pages at once. good luck Carlos
Top Tags