cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

MASS relation

ptc-3165095
1-Newbie

MASS relation

Why when I have WEIGHT_PROE=PRO_MP_MASS do I have to regenerate twice and when I have WEIGHT_PROE=MASS I don't. I have tried both of these in a feature relation in an analysis feature that is in the footer. The casting I am working on if fairly complex and was done in WF3. I am testing on WF4. Does MASS and PRO_MP_MASS not mean the same thing? I get the results I want by using WEIGHT_PROE=MASS but I thought MASS had been replaced by PRO_MP_MASS. Any input would be great. I have opened a call with PTC and so far the advice they gave me was to move the relation to post regeneration. So far I have not gotten this to work.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

"Wayne Beck" wrote:

Why when I have WEIGHT_PROE=PRO_MP_MASS do I have to regenerate twice and when I have WEIGHT_PROE=MASS I don't. I have tried both of these in a feature relation in an analysis feature that is in the footer. The casting I am working on if fairly complex and was done in WF3. I am testing on WF4. Does MASS and PRO_MP_MASS not mean the same thing? I get the results I want by using WEIGHT_PROE=MASS but I thought MASS had been replaced by PRO_MP_MASS. Any input would be great. I have opened a call with PTC and so far the advice they gave me was to move the relation to post regeneration. So far I have not gotten this to work.

Martin Hanák

Wayne, You do need the config option, but you may still need to regen twice. We currently use WF4 and have the following relation, mass=mp_mass(""), on all of our start parts and assemblies. What I was able to determine from PTC is the first regen updates the mass props and the second regen updates the ralation value. I haven't found a way around it, it got to be such a problem that we had to remove the weight value from our formats. I know this doesn't help with your problem, I just hope it helps you understand what's happening when you have to regen twice. Hank

I understood why we needed to regenerate twice, but did not like that as a solution. I did not understand the difference between MASS and PRO_MP_MASS. I think now I do. I have been testing the purposed solution on a few problem models that always needed a double regen for the parameter to update. With what I have now if I supress something and go and check the value it has updated. If I un-supress something and go back it is updated. So I think it works. I am sure though someone can find a way to break it as I know this has been a problem for a long time with Pro/E.

i prefer using a feature analysis that get puts in the footer of the model tree so it always stays at the bottom of the model tree and i dont have to manually keep pushing it to the bottom of the tree everytime i add features and/or components, then in the drawing i just create a parametric note with the feature id of the feature analysis and i only need to regen once and its always worked with out any issues... while in part/assembly mode i have a mapkey that creates the feature analysis and another mapkey that ads the feature id column to the tree then i go to the drawing and i have another mapkey to create the parametric note in the drawing, then i just add in the feature id and im done. as far as ur double regen issue, i have ran into the same thing when i have assembly features drive my subassembly components, basically pro has to generate one result and then regen a second time to produce the results from the initial report, i got around this issue by creating a dim A= dim B relation from the parent assembly driving the subassemblies. now i get my report and results on the same regen. i can post my mapkeys if u would like to copy n paste them into ur config.pro i hope this helps. Carlos

Maybe this will help. mass=mp_mass("") was a relation that was used in the older versions WF2 and older to calculate the mass, Proe now has an in built parameter now "PRO_MP_MASS" My suggestion would be to open the part/assembly you are working on, delete any mass relations you have, including post regen. Also the mass parameters used. Unless you need another parameter called WEIGHT_PROE or MASS etc, use the "PRO_MP_MASS" and keep it simple. On another point raised, if you want to drive a parent to a child with a relation, I would suggest you include the session ID on the symbols. Sometimes the assembly gets lost. eg "TANK_PATTERN:1=NO_TANKS:0"

Analysis footer is what we have started doing. This seems to avoid the double regen issue. I would like to thank everyone for their replies.

i was emailed to post my mapkeys, so here they are. WW creates the mass feature analysis WE creates the column for the feature ID then in the drawing just create a parametric feature id note using the feature ID from the feature analysis in the model tree. dont forget to add the feature analysis to the footer mapkey ww @MAPKEY_NAMEcreate mass analysis;@MAPKEY_LABELcreate mass analysis;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `Analysis`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `Analysis.cas_na_model`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `Analysis.cas_na_model`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_na_model_mass_properties`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Move `nma_model_massprop` `nma_model_massprop`2 28.326939 8.593828 ;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Open `nma_model_massprop` `save_state_rg`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `nma_model_massprop` `save_state_rg`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `nma_model_massprop` `save_state_rg`1 `feature`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `nma_model_massprop` `compute_btn`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `nma_model_massprop` `ok_btn`;_btn`; mapkey we @MAPKEY_LABELshow fid in model tree;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.SettingsCB`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.SettingsCB`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `ColumbPb`;~ Select `column` `ListName`1 `item02`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `column` `ListName`1 `item02`;~ Activate `column` `OKBtn`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `Utilities`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Utilities.psh_params`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Open `relation_dlg` `OMContext`;~ Close `relation_dlg` `OMContext`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `relation_dlg` `OMContext`1 `feature`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.AssyTree`1 `node11`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `relation_dlg` `PB_OK`;mapkey ca @MAPKEY_LABELcomponent assemble;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `Insert`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `Insert.cb_component`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `Insert.cb_component`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `pshCompAssemble`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Input `file_open` `Inputname` `*`;~ Update `file_open` `Inputname` `*`; mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Format.psh_fmt_symbolgallery`;#DELETE;#NAME;\ mapkey(continued) #PRELIMINARY_PRINT;y;#QUIT;#DONE;
Top Tags