cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Insert all instances of a part into an assembly

dbower-3
5-Regular Member

Insert all instances of a part into an assembly

Is there an automatic way to assemble all instances of a specific part into an assembly?

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
mashton-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:dbower-3)

Do you mean for instance 8 screws into 8 holes?

Or do you mean all instances of a family table into an assembly?

dbower-3
5-Regular Member
(To:mashton-2)

All instances of a family table into an assembly.

mashton-2
13-Aquamarine

As Dan says I think you have to assemble each one individually which is a bit of a drag if the are a number of instances. I am curious as to why you want to load all the instances of a family table into an assembly?

My theory as to why: You have an assembly that is a kit. Each instance of the component in question is used for a different application of the kit. You want to assemble every instance of the component so it will list all the instances in the Bill of Materials, because a complete kit must include every option. For example, you're making an assembly for a set of earbuds. You want all the different sizes of rubber end bits to be in the assembly (small, medium, large) because that's what will be included in the final product that ships out.

mashton-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:KenFarley)

That's a good theory. Hopefully mr Bower will enlighten us shortly.

dross
3-Visitor

I assume that you want all of the instances to be assembled in the same position using the same constraints. If so, make a family table of your assembly with instances having each of the part instances in them. That would give you a different assembly model for each of the part instances. If you want all of the instances in one assembly, the only way I know of doing that is to assemble each of them.

Top Tags