cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Interactive modelcheck in assembly ignores "all levels" selection

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Interactive modelcheck in assembly ignores "all levels" selection

Hi there,

for some reason, when I run interactive ModelCheck within an assembly and select "All Levels",

ModelCheck still only checks the top level assembly.

To check all components, I have to run MC on each single component manually.

This is quite time consuming, when there are 50+ parts to check.

Any ideas, what could be wrong?

Using Creo 8.0.7.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lhoogeveen
17-Peridot
(To:Mat)

I would check SKIP_MODELS and CHECK_ALL_MODELS in the config_init.mc file. Your models may have zero errors or may not have been change since retrieval.

#SKIP_MODELS specifies whether Creo ModelCHECK must skip the checking of models that have not changed after they were retrieved.
#Y—Skips checking the model irrespective of the value of the MC_ERRORS parameter if the model has not changed after retrieval.
#N—Skips checking the model only if the value of the MC_ERRORS parameter is 0 and the model has not changed after retrieval. This is the default.
SKIP_MODELS      YN             N

#CHECK_ALL_MODELS specifies whether Creo ModelCHECK must check all the models of an assembly irrespective of whether the models have been changed after they were retrieved or the value of the MC_ERRORS parameter.
#Y—Always checks all models ignoring the setting of the SKIP_MODELS configuration option.
#N—Checks models according to the setting of the SKIP_MODELS configuration option.
CHECK_ALL_MODELS YN             N

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I don't have an answer but when we run it on all drawing models/all levels, it seems to randomly give some lower level checks. Sometimes you will be able to clear up all errors/warnings and then if you check a few days later, maybe after making other assembly changes, you will get a different set of sub-level part errors/warnings.

One of the guys here who helped set up modelcheck has told me that he assumes it only checks parts/assemblies that have regenerated in that session.  He can't prove that theory but is does seem somewhat reasonable, given my limited brain power!

I'll be watching to see if you get better answers from users with significantly more brain power!!!

lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

I would check SKIP_MODELS and CHECK_ALL_MODELS in the config_init.mc file. Your models may have zero errors or may not have been change since retrieval.

#SKIP_MODELS specifies whether Creo ModelCHECK must skip the checking of models that have not changed after they were retrieved.
#Y—Skips checking the model irrespective of the value of the MC_ERRORS parameter if the model has not changed after retrieval.
#N—Skips checking the model only if the value of the MC_ERRORS parameter is 0 and the model has not changed after retrieval. This is the default.
SKIP_MODELS      YN             N

#CHECK_ALL_MODELS specifies whether Creo ModelCHECK must check all the models of an assembly irrespective of whether the models have been changed after they were retrieved or the value of the MC_ERRORS parameter.
#Y—Always checks all models ignoring the setting of the SKIP_MODELS configuration option.
#N—Checks models according to the setting of the SKIP_MODELS configuration option.
CHECK_ALL_MODELS YN             N

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:lhoogeveen)

Thanks for Your tip.

Unfortunately, this still does not work ( I also tried several Y/N combinations).

Modelcheck still refuses to run on components. Even if I choose "Sel Components" instead of "All Levels", MC only checks the top level Assembly.

Mat_0-1688114534905.png

Could there be a configuration option elsewhere, that prevents MC from doing what I want?

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

I retried Modelcheck with Creo 9.0.2.0 (instead of Creo 8.0.7.0).
Seems, that my Creo 9 installation works as intended.

At first glance, this seems to be a Bug in Creo 8.0.7.0

I will try the latest Creo 8 Version ( 8.0.8.0, I think) and will rerun my tests.

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Unfortunately, the "behaviour", I would rather call it a bug, is still present in Creo Parametric 8.0.8.0

So, I guess I have to upgrade our Creo Workstations and our Windchill to Creo 9. #@$%!

Update:

After my tests with Creo 8.0.8.0, I tried to repeat my results with Creo 9. But now no version works as expected. What the fudge?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Are these parts new parts or parts added to a workspace and unmodified? You get zero parts checked no matter even if you add an error in to a part and run the check on the assembly again, same session?

I get what I would call random sub-level part checks.

I would definitely submit a support ticket to PTC and provide models to back up the claims. They should be able to recreate the problem or tell you why your settings are not producing the results you are expecting.

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:StephenW)

@StephenW :

The parts are listed as "modified" in workspace.

If I modify a components to get an "mc_verified = no" and "mc_errors = 1" (place the error, run MC, modify again ),
Modelcheck of the assembly finally checks this part too.

lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

Did you restart Creo after changing the config_init.mc setting? Some of the ModelCheck files require a restart to take affect (can't always remember which ones).

There's also this config_init.mc setting too:

FORCE_UPDATE_MC_PARAMS_ALL
<N/Y>
Specifies whether Creo ModelCHECK updates ModelCHECK parameters, regardless of any configuration or condition.
•Y—Updates ModelCHECK parameter in the model.
•N—This is the default. Checks conditions and configurations for updating the parameters.

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

@lhoogeveen:

I tried "FORCE_UPDATE_MC_PARAMS_ALL", still no luck.

I restarted Creo and the PC (to end any maybe existing abandoned processes), still no luck.

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

For some reason, now it works?

I changed CHECK_ALL_MODELS to Y (again).

While FORCE_UPDATE_MC_PARAMS_ALL  and UPDATE_MC_PARAMS were set to "Y" Modelcheck updated EVERY component in the assembly.

With both "deactivated" by setting to "N", Modelcheck finally seems to work as intended. Even with Creo 8.0.7.0.

I have no clue, why it did not worked in the first place or why it only worked in Creo 9 for some time.

for the record, here is my current config_init.mc:

MC_ENABLE	YNA	Y
RUN_MODE	YN	Y	N	N	N
MC_AUTHORIZATION_FILE	YN	N

ADD_DATE_PARM	YN	Y	N	N	N
ADD_ERR_PARM	YN	Y	N	N	N
ADD_CONFIG_PARM	YN	Y	N	N	N
ADD_VERIFIED_PARM	YN	Y	Y	Y	Y
ADD_MODE_PARM	YN	Y	N	N	N
DRW_SHEET_ALL	YN	Y	Y	Y	Y
CNFG_SELECT_AUTO	YNA	Y	Y	Y	Y
MC_VDA_RUN	YN	Y	Y	N	N