cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is it possible to implement these shapes with sheetmetal function???

Inho-_-
13-Aquamarine

Is it possible to implement these shapes with sheetmetal function???

The shape below is being modeled using the Sheetmetal function. ( Based on modeling with creo 3.0 )

The shape of the part where the gas is introduced in the middle protrudes in both directions based on the central axis.

Inho__0-1683781054509.png

This figure was modeled by me, and was modeled using the Extrude and Bend functions.
However, in this way, it is easy to model in one direction based on the center axis, but it is not possible to do both directions.

Inho__1-1683781220717.png

If I dare to model like the picture above, I can do Sketch -> Extrude -> Bend in the opposite direction, but it is too cumbersome. Is there any easy way to do it??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I can't tell for sure with your model, but if there is symmetry, you can use one of the many mirror functions.  Mirror features, or mirror bodies, or create surfaces of the appropriate area and mirror that.  Obviously if it is not symmetric, that won't work.  Also, you can create symmetric portions like the louvers first, mirror those areas, then build the remaining geometry that is not symmetric.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I can't tell for sure with your model, but if there is symmetry, you can use one of the many mirror functions.  Mirror features, or mirror bodies, or create surfaces of the appropriate area and mirror that.  Obviously if it is not symmetric, that won't work.  Also, you can create symmetric portions like the louvers first, mirror those areas, then build the remaining geometry that is not symmetric.

Inho-_-
13-Aquamarine
(To:ByDesign)

Thanks for your answer.

I will try the way you replied.😄

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Inho-_-)

I would suggest creating a form to create the louvers.  You may be able to make a form for one louver and pattern it for one direction and flip it over or mirror it for the other direction.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Inho-_-
13-Aquamarine
(To:kdirth)

Thanks a lot!!!

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:Inho-_-)

For the top and bottom pieces, I'd say no, and not just in Creo.  From what I see, the geometry is wrong for a formed sheet metal part, unless you're welding in the dividers.

Inho-_-
13-Aquamarine
(To:Patriot_1776)

thank you for the reply.

Top Tags