cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Large Assembly-View Manager-Simplified Representation

VinitKadamITT
6-Contributor

Large Assembly-View Manager-Simplified Representation

In an assembly I do have Feat#1, 2,3, 4, 5.......60 total 60 features.

Feat#1,2,3,,up to 10- Are Main assembly Sub Parts (.prt)

Feat#11- Sketch

Feat#12,13, 14,....50- Are again Main assembly parts (.prt)

Feat#51,52...60- Are Sub assemblies of Main assemblies (.asm) [In one many of the sub assemblies I do required Feat#11 sketch]

Now in Assembly-View Manager-Simp Rep, I am setting my required representation (suppose -Represen1)

My requirement in Represen1 is (Right Click -Redefine) I want to exclude all features from 11 to 60. Means Feat#11 to Feat#60 I want exclude.

Now I am able to exclude features from 12 to 60, but I am not able to exclude Feat#11- Sketch.

And in my assembly drawing, I want to show my Represen1 without that sketch. (Feat#11- Sketch.).

For that I have hide the sketch in assembly, but still in assembly drawing the envelop box of Represen1 is larger because it is considering Feat#11 & my annotation notes are always very much away from my required parts.

My question is: in View Manager-Simplified Representation window, why I am not able to exclude that sketch feature (Feat#11- Sketch.)?

It is not showing/allowing that Feat#11, so that I can exclude it & set my Simplified Representation as per my requirement.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

• you can exclude components
  • you can't exclude assembly features (you can hide/suppress them)

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

• you can exclude components
  • you can't exclude assembly features (you can hide/suppress them)

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags