cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Looking for Config option or DTL option that controls if a drawing displays changes since last save?

danderson
11-Garnet

Looking for Config option or DTL option that controls if a drawing displays changes since last save?

Good Day Everyone,

Years ago I ran into a Pro/E config or dtl option (while working at another employer) that controls if the drawing displays changes to the model or assembly since it was last saved.
When you save a drawing while this option turned on the drawing freezes the current state of the views. Now you make a change to the assembly or part and then open the saved drawing. The drawing now shows the before modified state of the models when it is opened(drawing does not represent the current state of the models in session).
To get the drawing to show the current state of the models you have to click on Update Sheets for every drawing and every sheet.

I want to find this option so I can turn it off.
Can anyone point me to the config option or setting that controls this?

Thanks
Don Anderson

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have also set save_display no in config.pro. This option disables saving of "screenshot" of drawing into drawing file.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:danderson)

Auto_regen_views in the config.pro

You have also set save_display no in config.pro. This option disables saving of "screenshot" of drawing into drawing file.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

This was the key I was looking for. Thank you Martin!

With save_display set to no then doing a review > Update Sheets > on each drawing sheet and saving the drawing.
The next time you open the drawing it will show any changes to the model.

Don Anderson

Top Tags