cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mass Properties in IGES or STEP files?

ptc-354508
1-Newbie

Mass Properties in IGES or STEP files?

Does anyone have any insight on exporting IGES or STEP file assemblies that keep the mass properties with them. I have created IGES and STEP files and when I go to view the Mass Properties all of the densities have been reset to zero. Am I missing a step or a config setting somewhere? Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I actually tried individual parts & assemblies. All the information is still with the parts. If you have an example you can post it & I can open it to see.

Hi Mike

Two questions I would ask you

1. Have you tried with assembly with different densities?

2.While opening iges parts/asm was USE TEMPLATE activated?

When I creat parts from iges it contains density=1.00000 unless use template is selected

Regards

K.Mahanta

Yes, I have tried assemblies but I was not using templates. I did try the use template & I am having the same result as you. I don't know why that is.

Hi

As per my understanding

iges is a neutral format for transferring 3D dimensinal Data only

It does not contains parameters like mass properties

But while opening you can assign default template mass properties by clicking the use template option

This was my understanding. But I dont have any reference Data to Support.

(Please Correct me If I am Wrong)

Regards

K.Mahanta

Hello,

I think you are correct. Its never been an issue for me though. I use iges to send to customers. Sometimes they send to me to create or fix but I prefer to make my own models in PROE so I can have an adjustable model with a nice model tree.

Top Tags