cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Modeling NPT holes in pro/e

AnkurAggarwal
1-Newbie

Modeling NPT holes in pro/e

Can somebody tell me how to model NPT holes in proe. There are ISO, UNC, UNF but no NPT holes in pro/e. Thanks Ankur

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:AnkurAggarwal)

What version are you using? We have WF4 and there are NPT holes ... assuming you want internal threads. There are no NPT threads in external cosmetics... a huge pet peeve of mine.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

yes i m using WF4.0. and i want internal threads. I have NPT.hol file in C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 4.0\text\hole but how can i create hole using this file? Thanks Ankur
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:AnkurAggarwal)

Using the Hole tool, select "Standard Hole" and "Tapered Hole". Scroll down in the "Thread series" pull down and there should be NPT and NPTF. If they're not there... I can only assume something may be wrong with your install.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Top Tags