cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Strange graphics issue in drawing view

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Strange graphics issue in drawing view

Hi all, I have an issue with a drawing I have produced recently. I essentially have a drawing view of a profiled cylinder & have this weird double line in the areas I have radii. I have attached a screen shot of the offending lines. When the drawing is exported to a dxf or dwg format this behaviour is also exported. I have experienced this in the past & I am sure cured the issue with some setting but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get rid of these extra lines now, to leave a single line profile. If I create an area cross section through the cylinder & then update the drawing view to be the same I get the result I desire, a single line but I shouldn't have to go to those lengths. I am sure it is an Entity Display setting or some other Model Display setting but which one. Any ideas? 

John 

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

I am just curious. I created test files in Creo 4.0. Extra lines do not exist.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin, I create these cylinders all the time & don't usually see these extra lines. I don't know why they are visible in this instance.

John

@John.Pryal wrote:

Hi Martin, I create these cylinders all the time & don't usually see these extra lines. I don't know why they are visible in this instance.

John

Hi,

I guess you cannot upload your files ...

If you open my file, is the result OK ?

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin, sorry I cannot upload my original files but I will try to replicate the issue with a simplified model & drawing when I get chance.

John

I'm kind of remembering getting oddball results with large arcs in the past. They'd get faceted and look goofy. Maybe it's too simple a guess but how about the setting shown in the attached image?

Since you said you have many other parts with the same type of geometry and they're fine, I doubt my answer is right, but there it is anyway.

Display Options.png

Hi Ken, that was the first thing I checked. I have edge display quality set to 'very high' in my config.

John

Top Tags