cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Workaround for not displaying interfering edges on drawing?

SHOBrad
4-Participant

Workaround for not displaying interfering edges on drawing?

Hi all.  Version 9.0.4.0

Alot of our assemblies use thread-rolling or thread-cutting screws into sheetmetal so by design the hole size is smaller than the OD of the screw.  I do understand why this is rendering this way but I was wondering if anyone had a good workaround?  I've had people use extrude cuts in the assembly to enlarge the holes but those do add a step to their work and also seem to slow down the processing some.  Anyone know a better way?  Maybe a way to have a screw drawn and measurable to it's correct OD but render slightly smaller?

SHOBrad_0-1709035966548.png

Thanks in advance!

Brad

2 REPLIES 2
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:SHOBrad)

Unfortunately, the rendering is done with the actual geometry presented to it. So if the hole is sized for the tap drill, or a dowel hole is purposely undersized because it's a press fit, etc. there won't be a curve shown at the bolt/part interface, or whatever.

I've done the thing you suggest with having the holes bigger for the a version of the part(s) that get used for drawing views. It takes more work and adds complexity, but that's the price we pay for rendering beauty, I guess.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:SHOBrad)

Instead of an assembly cut, I would suggest using flexibility to change the size.

Another option is to use Edge Display to change the style of the hole edges to hidden or wire frame.  Still not an ideal solution, but maybe good enough.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags