cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

import a pdf into the sketch mode

bmagnani
2-Guest

import a pdf into the sketch mode

Does someone knows is it possible? In case, how...?

Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I think it is not possible. Following file types are allowed.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

I think it is not possible. Following file types are allowed.

MH

Martin Hanák

Try this.   Change the extension of the pdf to ai.   It works in reverse.  If you ever have an .ai file you can change it to pdf and open and view it.

Unfortunately extension change does not seem to work in Creo Sketcher.  I have not had a chance to try it with a true AI file but I will and let you know.

Does not seem to work with a native AI file either.  Has anyone ever had any luck bringing in AI files to sketcher?   My only success has been to bring a PDF or AI into Inkscape (a free vector drawing 2D program) then send it out as a DXF to import into Creo. 

I am trying to import a pdf like an image in order to sketch over it. I know that it is possible to convert a pdf into an image or even in a AI file, but as an image (jpg,...)  the dimensions seems quite different; converting in a AI file I found too many segment and it's very difficult to manage.

Thanks a lot, anyway.

Hi,

click View > Model Display > Images (in Creo 2.0). Then you can place image onto datum plane. In next step you can create sketch seeing the image.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks, I know this procedure, but as you can see it is not possible to import directly a pdf.I have to convert it in an image but the dimensions are different.

The only way I see is to convert the pdf into an image and then to fit the image in the same dimensions.

B.

If your pdf is a vectorial file, not raster, you can convert it into a dxf or dwg, then you can import it. There are a lot of free programs that do that.

Top Tags