cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

is there any way to add all dimensions as a table in drawing?

RG_10671499
8-Gravel

is there any way to add all dimensions as a table in drawing?

Consider I am to develop machine level inprocess drawings with neccessary setup information,

RG_10671499_0-1683291663168.png

the stuffs like tools, instructions, frequency, reaction plan all are same. So I can add and import as parameters but i have 2 questions.

Q1. What is the fastest way to add the dimensions in to the table?

Q2. How to add stage wise drawings? like that one without drill and next sheet2 will be with drill, sheet3 with threads and so on. Do I need to make different parts or can do with one finished part?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adding a nested family table will solve this issue. Lvl 1 with all Operations lv2 dimensions and specifications. Edit in excel option is good as I can copy and paste from excel. 

RG_10671499_0-1684742116738.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:RG_10671499)

To answer the first question, you can either:

1. Make a 2D repeat region (these can be confusing, although once setup are fairly easy to copy and paste). Downside is you can't add any extra text (like units, or format cells differently).
    https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r9.0/usascii/index.html#page/detail/To_Show_Family_Tables_with_Repeat_Regions.html 
  2. You can make a normal table and add the dimension with the session id after it (ie &D200:12). To do this you need to add all of the instances to the drawing and then get the session ID. See this thread for a text file to import with the session IDs. If you are using Creo 8, 9 or 10 you can add the session ID as a column in the model tree. Find the dimension variable number (upper right corner when you click on the dimension in the model) and then add a : and then the session ID
    https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/how-to-find-session-ID/m-p/35187/highlight/true... 

To answer the second question, you can certainly have different parts or inheritance parts, family tables, etc. You can also have different part reps where you turn features on and off within a single part.

Thanks for your reply. But I think the family tables and repeat region are not valuable for my problem here. 

I figured out some way by adding parameters as a relation.

RG_10671499_0-1683355091217.png

so that in the format/drawing i can call by &DM1 Dm2 etc.

but in this method I cannot able to call the prefix like Ø,R etc. But if I call by dimension name I got the prefix.

RG_10671499_1-1683355513745.png

is there any way to mass rename all the annotations at once?

Or call Parameters along with prefix and suffix?

adding a nested family table will solve this issue. Lvl 1 with all Operations lv2 dimensions and specifications. Edit in excel option is good as I can copy and paste from excel. 

RG_10671499_0-1684742116738.png

Top Tags