cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Windchill server is not available, do you want to work off-line?

ebeattie
4-Participant

Windchill server is not available, do you want to work off-line?

All,

We have recently been getting a lot of our users getting the message that the server is not available and do they want to work off-line.

Well the server is available and when they click on the "No" button the dialog box just comes back even clicking it a bunch of times.

And if it actually does take the "No" button then it sits and waits for a while, then displays a message that it could not connect to the server, Try again later.

This is very frustrating because there is nothing that we have looked at that is not working.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a resolution?

Thanks in advance.

Earl Beattie

ProE Systems Administrator

Komatsu America Corp.

Peoria, IL

4 REPLIES 4

What I've usually found when it occurs with my users is the cache is corrupted or pointing to a location that doesn't exist in Windchill.  The home page is set to take them to the Windchill home page, and they can navigate the Product/Library folders just fine, but that Workspace operation is what dorks up the system.

In some cases I've repaired it my manually editing <cache>/.wf/.Settings/active_server_config.fld in a text editor to point to a different Workspace, in others I've had to rename the .wf directory and let it re-initialize with my pre-configured active_server_config.fld file.

Hope that at least points you in the right direction.

Another thing that helped us was setting the following config.pro option: dm_network_retries 25 

We have played with the number.  For remote sites we have set it as high as 50.  Hope this helps.

Hi Earl,

Try this below workaround. Mean while Please check what SOAP error you are exactly getting it .

1. resolve_comp_w_sep_process=no  https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS20719

2. Edit the <windchill>\Apache\conf\httpd.conf file and add KeepAliveTimeout 60 (or some other value) to the end of it, save the file and re-start

If you are using cluster environment, please do it in all slaves and master also.

In a cluster environment, loadbalancer timeout overrides all other timeouts, so modify the LB as well

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags