cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Toolkit: 3D annotation elements on 2D drawings > how to manipulate???

AndreasHellmann
3-Visitor

Toolkit: 3D annotation elements on 2D drawings > how to manipulate???

Hello to everyone,

I am in a project where I want to display symbols on a drawing... but these symbols are intended to come from 3D annotation features and they are displayed on the drawing. That works fine so far - the methods ProAnnotationByComponentShow() and ProAnnotationByFeatureShow() bring the desired symbols to the drawing.

Now I am looking for a way to manipulate these "2D instances", the most common task may be to modify the position of the symbol instance.

My problem/question:

The normal procedure to modify a symbol's position by editing the  ProDtlsyminstdata object doesn't work with symbols owned by the 3D annotation. Method ProDtlsyminstModify() returns a -1 code always.

The only symbols (coming from annotations in the solid model) that can be modified with ProDtlsyminstModify() seem to be symbols inside welding features - there is a function ProFeatureDtlsyminstGet () where you can get the 2D instance from the owner feature.

Any experience with this???

I know that there is a additional license for Toolkit "3D drawings", but I am talking explicitly about showing/manipulating symbols on drawings. I know that the functions in the additional toolkit license can modify the 3D position in the model, but even with the additional license I haven't found anything for 2D mode.

Thanks for all comments and suggestions.

Andreas

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags