cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to Increase Serer_Runtime.exe memory ?

BRangi
7-Bedrock

How to Increase Serer_Runtime.exe memory ?

Hello Team,
I searched on ChatGPT found this below Observation, I tried to find same file but could not able to get it. If any idea about it, please let me know.

RBK_0-1711103275587.png

My main concern is client's Kepware 'server_runtime.exe' service consuming 1.84 GB memory with 99%CPU utilization. Kepware is having around 36000 Tags which are connected to the 2 OPC UA client. 
OS details: 

RBK_0-1711104515258.png

Moreover, I referred the following document CS281787.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@RBK 

Here is a link to the system requirements:

https://ptc-p-001.sitecorecontenthub.cloud/api/public/content/3810bdb56b4749a69600ddd17865c408#page=20

Although the tag count of 72000 is not excessively high, there are other factors to consider like how many Clients are connected and their respective scan rates.  Also, some Client applications do not make clean connections which can cause increased memory usage.  I recommend opening a ticket with the Kepware Support Team to fully analyze your architecture and perform more in-depth troubleshooting. Here is a link to the login page where a ticket can be opened:

Kepware Support Assistant | PTC

*Chris 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@BRangi,

KEPServerEX is designed to run with only 1 GB of RAM, so I don't believe increasing your systems memory will resolve the issue encountered. What version of KEPServerEX are you running?  There were a few memory leaks discovered in earlier versions of the application. 

Thanks,

*Chris 

Hello Chris,

Thank you for this Information. 

We checked on 6.14 and 6.15 as well. result is same. Moreover, The channel no is 76 and tag count is around 72000 in kepware. so could you please confirm the standard specification to run kepware with the given configuration? 

Best Regards, 

Bhadresh Rangi

@RBK 

Here is a link to the system requirements:

https://ptc-p-001.sitecorecontenthub.cloud/api/public/content/3810bdb56b4749a69600ddd17865c408#page=20

Although the tag count of 72000 is not excessively high, there are other factors to consider like how many Clients are connected and their respective scan rates.  Also, some Client applications do not make clean connections which can cause increased memory usage.  I recommend opening a ticket with the Kepware Support Team to fully analyze your architecture and perform more in-depth troubleshooting. Here is a link to the login page where a ticket can be opened:

Kepware Support Assistant | PTC

*Chris 

Hi Chris,

Thank you for this information. We will collect more information and will log the case to PTC. 

Best Regrads,

Bhadresh Rangi

Top Tags