cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Compatibility of files created with "Mathcad 2000 Professional"

egomiero
1-Newbie

Compatibility of files created with "Mathcad 2000 Professional"

Hello to everybody!

I’m an employee of STMicroelectronics. My Company purchased during the year 1998 a license for “Mathcad 2000 Professional”. We developed with that software several files (.mcd).

Few weeks ago my old PC(Operative System Window XP) has been substituted with a new one (Operative System Windows 7) and there was no possibility to move in the new PC the “Mathcad 2000 Professional” due to the fact that I hadn’t the Purchase Number of the original software. No way to retrieve it. In addition our Technicians told me that the software was too old to have any possibility to work on the new PC.

My question for the Experts Community is the following: in case we proceed with a purchase of a new license our old files ” .mcd” will be functional/compatible with the latest version of Mathcad?

Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,

Enrico Gomiero

5 REPLIES 5

enrico gomiero wrote:

My question for the Experts Community is the following: in case we proceed with a purchase of a new license our old files ” .mcd” will be functional/compatible with the latest version of Mathcad?

No problem to use Mathcad 2000 files in Mathcad 15 and to convert into Mathcad Prime!

Great! Many many thanks for your pront reply.

Thanks and ciao,

Enrico

Hello,

Just a note that if you buy now Mathcad Prime 2.0, then you will also have a free copy of Mathcad 15 M010 (both programs will run from one license file).

We must have Mathcad 15 and Mathcad Prime for the converting mcd and xmcd (old mathcad) files into mcdx files (Mathcad Prime)

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:egomiero)

The latest version of Mathcad is really two things: Mathcad 15, and Mathcad Prime. Mathcad 15 is the latest versin of the Mathcad you have. Your 2000 files will oen directly, and will work with very few or even no modifications. Mathcad Prime is the new "Mathcad". You will have to convert your files, and how much of them then works depends on what is in your 2000 files.

Top Tags