cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Cr Value

Audrey
1-Newbie

Cr Value

Hi,

Sorry to ask a simple question.

I have a spreadsheet to try to find the value Cr for single angle steel.

I used the shape L152x152x13, it's working very well. But when I used the shape L152x102x13, I was told that guess value Fe1 is not properly guessed! No matter how I change the guess value Fe1, I cannot get the value of Cr.

Please find attached for detai.

I will be very appreciated if someone can give me a hint.

Thanks a lot.

Wenhong
5 REPLIES 5

>Sorry to ask a simple question.<<br> ________________________________

This work sheet is inoperative because you have locked it. Even unlocked, nothing works ... the units have to be redefined for version 11 to read, but because the work sheet can't be unlocked, then zap ! I could only make the slider just a bit more visible than just a point !!! and could also reduce the image size but couldn't zap your original ones. The collapsed are deserve no title ? no indication of their existence ? All in all, it looks very hairy, doing what: don't know as there is no nothing to instruct the general reader. No source, no other standard for the traceability [sanity check].

Sorry: dead lock

jmG
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Audrey)

On 10/3/2009 12:40:59 PM, Audrey wrote:
>I will be
>very appreciated if someone
>can give me a hint.

I gave you a hint in the last thread. Here's an explanation, rather than just a hint.

Given the magnitude of the numbers, I have to wonder if you don't have something seriously wrong in the equations in the worksheet.

Richard
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:Audrey)

DOn't use Given/Find, use root
Fred Kohlhepp
fkohlhepp@sikorsky.com

On 10/5/2009 6:43:42 AM, fkohlhepp wrote:
>DOn't use Given/Find, use root
>Fred Kohlhepp
>fkohlhepp@sikorsky.com

OK for the MPa you added, but still it refuses to initiate the first scripted component and the entire work sheet can't be unlocked. This work sheet is automated before it can be proved it works and any sanity check performed. Essentially, Fe1 depends upon Ae, which in turn Ae depends upon A where A has no definition to make it worst ! Root should work as well, but there remain that the conditional function Ae is incompletely determined by incomplete sets of the conditions. Given/Find does not like that anyway. A general solution appears by inspection, i.e: by discretizing Ae, an iterative Given/Find would get all the Fe1, on the length of Ae and as finely discretized and assuming that Ae will consider all the mm's input from all the sources and accounted before arriving at Ae.

This work sheet is deemed w/o reply from the originator. It should be redone from the data table and applying calculations to each column respectively and no scripted component for a start... Nothing responds in that work sheet, destination ==> recycle bin.

Thanks Fred for your attempted collaboration.

It happens, visitors plug things in the collab but never visit again.

jmG

On 10/3/2009 12:40:59 PM, Audrey wrote:
>Hi,
Sorry to ask a simple
>question.
I have a spreadsheet
>to try to find the value Cr
>for single angle steel.
I used
>the shape L152x152x13, it's
>working very well. But when I
>used the shape L152x102x13, I
>was told that guess value Fe1
>is not properly guessed! No
>matter how I change the guess
>value Fe1, I cannot get the
>value of Cr.
Please find
>attached for detai.
I will be
>very appreciated if someone
>can give me a hint.
Thanks a
>lot.

Wenhong

No Given, no Find, no root ... nothing of that is needed. Your search is a beautiful and simple cubic. The cubic solver circulates in the collab. Scrap your work sheet as is, remake from blank get the components needed for the X cubic and I will return the cubic solver.

jmG

Top Tags