cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Discretization of a flank of a worm body

mathcaduser
1-Newbie

Discretization of a flank of a worm body

Here is the new document.

Alex

4 REPLIES 4

For other collabs willing to try to help - the discussion started here: http://communities.ptc.com/message/223199#223199

Now the sheet was no problem to open. Unfortunately I don't think I would be able to help. I guess digging through all your various calculatuons and finding out the meaning of variables used would take up too much time.

One thing I wondered while having a quick glance at your sheet was why you would want to recreate a data structure you obviously already have!?

I know, it's hard to get through all these variables and calculations but I think you need all of them to get this kind of net.

I need to create this second data structure because there are pros and contras for each method.

Thanks anyway

One afterthought: maybe the fit of you DiskretSchnecke2 isn't so bad as it may look on first sight. Format the plot differently. It may look that bad because of the hidden line algorithm used in display, partt of your red mesh slightly behind and hidden underneath the black one. Try "No fill" for plot2 and maybe "fill" for Plot1. Now at least you see the full grid you created. Its completely different from that of DiskretSchneckeTest, but it looks like it describes the same surface (apart from the very ends, but then your UntererRand already failed there.

Yes, the net of DiskretSchnecke2 is already the same as DiskretSchneckeTest but it doesn't fit at the left an the right side. I tried to split the net into three parts but it doesn't work either.

The little difference of UntererRand is okay. This is because of the constant distance between the lines in y- and z-direction. But it is not so important for the following calculations.

Top Tags