cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Discretization of a flank of a worm body

mathcaduser
1-Newbie

Discretization of a flank of a worm body

Hello,

I am using Mathcad 14 for some calculations of worm bodies.

To get the normal vectors of the flank of the worm I need to build a net with lines with a constant distance in y- and z-direction. First I determinated the top and the bottom border of the net and now I try to fill the net between these borders with points. But there is the problem. I can’t find any way to get this correctly done.

Maybe someone can take a look at it.

Kind regards

Alex

3 REPLIES 3

You may get a better response to your question if you create a small worksheet just showing with a trimmed down example with all the not needed rouitines and variables omitted what your problem is and what you need.

You had posted the same question already before and I tried to open your sheet twice and every time my machine would hang and I had to close Mathcad via taskmanager - therefore I won't open it a third time.

From the description in the post its not clear to me what you are after. What is given ( a nested vector containing x,yz coordinates of points?) and what it searched for? Maybe you should give a small example where you manually type what output you would expect. But in every case - strip down your sheet or even better, create a new with manually typerd in small data which contains only the bare bones of what is necessary.

I created a new document and deleted the not necessary calculations. I hope you can open it now. I tried to place comments in the document to explain my problems. If there is something not understandable please tell me.

I open a new discussion, because I don't now how to include the new document here.

Thanks for your help.

Alex

I open a new discussion, because I don't now how to include the new document here.

You would have to chose "Use advanced editor" at the upper right. Then you are given the option to attach files as you had when opening a discussion.

Advanced editor is default when a discussion is opend but for reasons known to PTC only not if you reply.

Top Tags