cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Eng- Statics

Narlin
1-Newbie

Eng- Statics

I am posting an example problem about pipe hangers for which I have worked out an answer. Although the answer might be correct, it very well might not. There are multiple ways of solving pipe hanger problems. I have used an approach that writes a moment equation for every hanger. I need a standardized method that can be used for hundreds of hangers and miles of pipe. In the real problem, some of the pipe is heavy (48" dia and filled with water).

I would hope that someone can look at this example and comment about whether it is correct? I am OK with linear sections and can match the text book answers, but this one isn't linear.

narlin
1 REPLY 1

>Although the answer might be correct, it very well might not <.

It will be correct if all your work does meet the standards and allowances. Unless some collab are specialized in "Piping Engineering", it would be risky to check and not knowing the applicable standards pertaining to your project. � you are asking "consulting" an in-house project.

jmG
Top Tags