cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

MCad 13.0

Narlin
1-Newbie

MCad 13.0

I had to re-install v13.0 and get a new activation. Is there an update? to have 13.1? I don't recall. If there is, where do i get it?

Thank you,
narlin
4 REPLIES 4
mzeftel
1-Newbie
(To:Narlin)

Narlin,

You can download Mathcad 13.1 from http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_downloads.htm

Mona
Narlin
1-Newbie
(To:mzeftel)

I went to the site listed and upon trying to download the file I was asked for a user name and psw. Needless to say, I don't have a user name and psw? The one for this forum doesn't work, and as a single user, I have never been issued such.

I was successful however at updating to 13.1 because upon seeing the filename, i searched my own machine for a prior download of the same name and sure enough it was there.

Thank you,
narlin
Narlin
1-Newbie

As another thought, I have just purchased a new computer which is scheduled to arrive on or about 11 Mar. I intend to purchase MC-14 to put on it and run under Vista. Is it going to continue to be a hassle to install and activate software that I have purchased? Is the new M-14 going to come on a disc with the latest version or will an immediate upgrade be needed?

narlin
mzeftel
1-Newbie

Narlin,

The user name and password you were asked for, was just for the PTC website. You can just sign up for it, with no charge.

Mathcad 14.0 is what you will receive, and you will get information to get 14.0 m011 when you purchase it from the same download site, where Mathcad 13.1 is posted. PTC is still distributing 14.0 but upgrading purchasers to m011. However for releases beyond m011, you need to purchase maintenance.

The node-locked license is the best deal for users who only want a license for single use, because it lets you install Mathcad 14 on two computers, comes with free technical support, and access to maintenance. I suggest you wait until a bit later this spring to purchase that.

Mona
Top Tags