cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Insert existing excel component in mathcad sheet

Raiko
16-Pearl

Insert existing excel component in mathcad sheet

I have an already filled in Excel sheet with parameters and variables that I use in a Mathcad calculation. I could copy 'n paste the content to an embedded Excel component, but I'd like to avoid such menial task.

Has anybody figured out whether and how to insert an Excel component that has content?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Perez
12-Amethyst
(To:Raiko)

Hello @Raiko ,

To insert an Excel component with content into Mathcad Prime, please follow these steps:

1. Save the Excel file you wish to insert as a template with the *.xltx extension.
  2. Insert an empty Excel component in your Mathcad Prime worksheet and open the Excel interface.
  3. Right-click on the 'Sheet1' tab and select 'Insert'. Choose the Excel template you created in step 1.

Note: To find the location to save the Excel template, right-click on an existing template file during the insert step, select 'Properties', and copy the file path.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ttokoro
20-Turquoise

How about using READEXCEL function?

Raiko
16-Pearl
(To:ttokoro)

Hi,

I did that until now. Problem is that you always have to take care that the Excel sheet travels with the Mathcad sheet when handing out Mathcad calculations to colleagues. Usually I ended up helping them to find it and do half of the work for them. An embedded Excel component can't be lost (nor the reference) and is therefore much more convenient.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Hi Raiko,

(real) Mathcad, or Prime?

Excel file:

LucMeekes_8-1713894269679.png

Mathcad:

LucMeekes_3-1713893912226.png

LucMeekes_4-1713893991232.png

LucMeekes_5-1713894071024.png

LucMeekes_6-1713894129741.png

LucMeekes_7-1713894188658.png

Success!

Luc

Mathcad Prime unfortunately. 

To explain: I'd like to insert an existing Excel file with multiple sheets as an embedded Excel component in MC Prime. I know I can copy and paste from the existing to the embedded one, but I'd like to avoid such tedious work.

Raiko

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Assuming you have a full license for Prime:

what if you do the trick in Mathcad and then convert the sheet to Prime?

Success!
Luc

Perez
12-Amethyst

Hello @Raiko ,

To insert an Excel component with content into Mathcad Prime, please follow these steps:

1. Save the Excel file you wish to insert as a template with the *.xltx extension.
  2. Insert an empty Excel component in your Mathcad Prime worksheet and open the Excel interface.
  3. Right-click on the 'Sheet1' tab and select 'Insert'. Choose the Excel template you created in step 1.

Note: To find the location to save the Excel template, right-click on an existing template file during the insert step, select 'Properties', and copy the file path.

Raiko
16-Pearl
(To:Perez)

Thank you Perez. It worked.

Raiko

Top Tags