cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Issue with solver block

SFares
12-Amethyst

Issue with solver block

Hello,

On page 7 of the attached sheet, there is a solver that existed in the sheet i created in mathcad 15. When i converted it to Prime 9, it removed the syntax "Given" and it aslo  states undefined variables. I dont know how to fix it.

Thanks,

Sam  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:SFares)

@SFares wrote:

Hello,

On page 7 of the attached sheet, there is a solver that existed in the sheet i created in mathcad 15. When i converted it to Prime 9, it removed the syntax "Given" and it aslo  states undefined variables. I dont know how to fix it.

Thanks,

Sam  

Page 7???  Its page 19!!!!

Looks like the converter is all but perfect, to say the least.

Solve blocks in Prime don't user the keyword "Given" anymore but rather are trapped in their own ugly bordered rectangle which contradicts the actual concept of Mathcad IMHO.

The converter seems to got confused as of the variable names with an apostrophe as part of the name and used different apostrophes (maybe the prime operator??) now an then. This means that you have to rewrite (copy) the variable name used in the definition of the function psi' to where it is used in the solve block.

The same applies to R' and r'.

Id did so and the solve block seems to be happy.

But there are other errors! The next error occurs when the sheet tries to define F.exx to be 70000 lbf/in^2. The error message says that t F.exx is already defined globally. Globally assigned 'variables' actually are constants in Prime and cannot be redefined, neither by a regular nor by a second global definition (thats different to the behaviour in real Mathcad). So you have to look where the global definition is, why it was made and act accordingly.

i also noticed that a lot of units (in definitions and in evaluations) like ksi, kip but also in are not printed in bold blue, which means that they are not seen as units but rather as variables. Not sure if this may be the next problem after you fixed the one with F.exx.

You may be forced to manually label all these units as units (keyboard short is Ctrl-u).

Prime 9 file with fixed solve block attached

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:SFares)

@SFares wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

Sam  

Page 7???  Its page 19!!!!

Looks like the converter is all but perfect, to say the least.

Solve blocks in Prime don't user the keyword "Given" anymore but rather are trapped in their own ugly bordered rectangle which contradicts the actual concept of Mathcad IMHO.

The converter seems to got confused as of the variable names with an apostrophe as part of the name and used different apostrophes (maybe the prime operator??) now an then. This means that you have to rewrite (copy) the variable name used in the definition of the function psi' to where it is used in the solve block.

The same applies to R' and r'.

Id did so and the solve block seems to be happy.

But there are other errors! The next error occurs when the sheet tries to define F.exx to be 70000 lbf/in^2. The error message says that t F.exx is already defined globally. Globally assigned 'variables' actually are constants in Prime and cannot be redefined, neither by a regular nor by a second global definition (thats different to the behaviour in real Mathcad). So you have to look where the global definition is, why it was made and act accordingly.

i also noticed that a lot of units (in definitions and in evaluations) like ksi, kip but also in are not printed in bold blue, which means that they are not seen as units but rather as variables. Not sure if this may be the next problem after you fixed the one with F.exx.

You may be forced to manually label all these units as units (keyboard short is Ctrl-u).

Prime 9 file with fixed solve block attached

SFares
12-Amethyst
(To:Werner_E)

I will check it out. Thank you Werner for your assistance!

Sam 

Top Tags