cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

List of Mathcad Prime Functions?

klemensk
1-Newbie

List of Mathcad Prime Functions?

Is there a list of  Mathcad functions that lists parameters, return values, and the such?

i.e. MAX(num1 as number, num2 as number) - returns maximum of num1 or num2; if not number throws error.

I know Mathcad 15 has a nice table, but I cannot find one for Prime.

5 REPLIES 5
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:klemensk)

Kenny Lemensk wrote:

Is there a list of  Mathcad functions that lists parameters, return values, and the such?

i.e. MAX(num1 as number, num2 as number) - returns maximum of num1 or num2; if not number throws error.

I know Mathcad 15 has a nice table, but I cannot find one for Prime.

I haven't looked yet, but there is a quick way to see a list of the functions and hover over the name to see what it does (not always in sufficient detail, however). 

Go to the functions tab on the ribbon.

Click on the "all functions" button.   A list of functions, by category, should appear on the left hand side.

Just below the functions search box there are two sorting buttons.  Select sort by name.  The list will now show the functions in alphabetic order.

Hover over a function name to see its summary.

Stuart

Thank you.  This gets me half way there... I will probably screen capture each tool-tip box and paste it in a list.  Wish I could just 'ctrl-P' the whole lot, but it is what it is.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Search through the help section. You will find a lot of intuitive information in there.

Thank you Mike, I actually am exploring printing off the whole help menu at a later date.

However, in the interest of productivity, I was looking for a simple list of all built in functions in order to see what Mathcad has.  It is hard to say 'use the help menu' if you don't think (or don't expect) mathcad to support it.  For instance, there is a function I made that returns a column of a matrix without the first row, it would be idiotic for me to search the help menu all day to see if it exists before coming to the conclusion "There is a good chance Mathcad Doesn't have the Function I need". 

Besides, the help menu seems to divide all of the matrix functions onto different pages; unless I know what I'm looking for and where it should be located, the help menu is useless to me.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Kenny Lemensk wrote:

For instance, there is a function I made that returns a column of a matrix without the first row, it would be idiotic for me to search the help menu all day to see if it exists before coming to the conclusion "There is a good chance Mathcad Doesn't have the Function I need". 

There is a large probability that a specific function like this will not be built-in. Something like this would be easy enough to write yourself.

If you search all day for the function you need, you have much more patience than me

Top Tags