cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Passing Ranges Through a Solve Block

ptc-5940219
1-Newbie

Passing Ranges Through a Solve Block

I tried searching (both here and elsewhere online) but could not find anything helpful about how to make a solve block work properly with ranges or arrays. I am new to Mathcad so the answer may be trivial but I would rally appreciate some help. The file attached contains the problem statement, specifically part c). I would be very appreciative of any assistance you may be able to provide.

Thank you in advance,

Brandon

P.S. I am using Mathcad Prime 3.0 if that helps at all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How about turning the solve blocks into functions?

See if the attached file helps.

I used range variables (i, d) to create the various data structures, but of course you could use small programs with for loops, too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I changed the range values for the emissivities into vectors and vectorized the evaluations that used the vector variables and the solve block solves for something, altough I'm not certain it is correct.

I hope this helps.

Norm

I got it to run the array of emissivities through the solve block...which generates an aray of ten temperatures. The solve block wasn't vecorized correctly. The onle thing I can't figure out is how to run three diameters through while having it generate a temperature plot over the emissivities. Basically I want one plot with emissivity on the x-axis and T_1 on the y-axis with 3 curves representing the 3 different diameters. In Matlab, I'd use a couple nested for loops, but is there another way to do this in Mathcad?

Thanks for the help!

Brandon

How about turning the solve blocks into functions?

See if the attached file helps.

I used range variables (i, d) to create the various data structures, but of course you could use small programs with for loops, too.

Top Tags