cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Quiero trabajar con varias constantes, pero simbolicamente.

ltorres
1-Newbie

Quiero trabajar con varias constantes, pero simbolicamente.

Quiero trabajar con varias constantes, pero simbolicamente, ejemplo: nu(ν), rho (p), etc. Cómo debo hacer para definirlas y que el programa no me diga que no están definidas.

3 REPLIES 3

There is not much you can do against that error. It stems from Mathacds native numeric engine and does not affect the symbolic part (which is the integrated third party program muPad). You may have noticed, that symbolic operations still work despite the error message.

If you use functions, you may consider defining them in such a way, that those "undefined" variables are used as function arguments. See example below.

You would have better done to attach your worksheet or at least provide a screen shot so we better see, what kind of calculations you are doing and maybe there could be a way to avoid that nasty error message. Just telling us that you try to define function nu(v), etc. is not informative enough.

Here the example, hope it helps:

1) The "intuitive" way, provoking the error message from the numeric processor

2) Using the parameters a and b as function arguments, thus avoiding the error at the cost of more typing work

Regards

Werner

P.S:: If I could use Google translator to find out what your question means, you could have used that translator as well to formulate your question in English, which is the primary language in this forum and you benefit from doing so as you reach a wider audience doing so.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ltorres)

In addition to Werner's reply.

Succes!
Luc

Thanks Luc.

I forgot about the possibility to numerically define the variables and then immediately undefine them symbolically.

Depending on the rest of the worksheet this may have undesirable side effects but it may be a solution for Luis problem.

Here is my example using this trick. The initial numerical assignments have no negative side effects later here, because I redefine the very same variables with the result of the solve command.

Werner

Top Tags