cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Subscript and superscript

ptc-1656721
1-Newbie

Subscript and superscript

Buttons "Subscript and superscript" are more logical for moving to other area:
9 REPLIES 9

No, because they apply only to text (and so are in the text formatting group) and not to math styles (labels).

On 8/20/2009 2:51:28 PM, Tom_Gutman wrote:
>No, because they apply only to
>text (and so are in the text
>formatting group) and not to
>math styles (labels).
>__________________
>� � � � Tom Gutman

Yes. They are in the text formatting group.
But it does not work for me in the text. And in MC14 at me worked only for math styles. Therefore to make how was earlier and to move to other area.

VyaT

I have no idea why they don't work in text. Possibly something just not quite implemented. But superscript and subscript character formatting have never applied to math styles. While the buttons on the formatting toolbar can be active in a math region, they represent array subscripts and exponents (operators), not character formatting.
1-Newbie
(To:TomGutman)

Text subscripts and superscript only work with some fonts according to the "Known Issues". (It does not work for me for Arial and New Times Roman nor Tahoma, but did work on some odd fonts.)

SM

It works only with certain fonts and not the default, Tahoma, on my machine as well. I found that one font (Cambria) allows superscripts but not subscripts. I am sure there are more examples like this

Is there a way in the beta version to set a different font as a default? I knew how to do it in the earlier versions but not in Prime

And how to change (in a math region) a font size "variable" in Prime?

VyaT

Exactly!!

I was trying to create a "wide" worksheet by reducing the font type and then zooming in. Has anyone worked out how to adjust the Math region font size?

Philip

One of the complaints that I've also sent to the Beta test address was the lack of ability to adjust the math fonts.

This is, however, one of the missing elements that is listed in the features and known issues document, I think. This would fit under the general absence of Math styles.

It does make the Math awfully hard to see unless you zoom the page quite a bit.

Mike

That's because the style is reporting the incorrect font size. I think it's a few points smaller than what's reported.

I have other programs that use 10 pt fonts, which I can read reasonably well, but MP1 requires zooming to see 10 pt fonts.

TTFN,
Eden
Top Tags