cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

The issue with the analysis of data

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

The issue with the analysis of data

As a source of initial data, I use Excel files. When trying to find the values in the table by using "hlookup" function is working for a file "Data 1" and does not work in the case of the data from the file "Data 2". Why?

With "Data 1":

Pic_1.png

With "Data 2":

Pic_2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:VladimirN)

VladimirN. wrote:

As a source of initial data, I use Excel files. When trying to find the values in the table by using "hlookup" function is working for a file "Data 1" and does not work in the case of the data from the file "Data 2". Why?

With "Data 1":

Pic_1.png

With "Data 2":

Pic_2.png

Just to add to what Mike's written (I haven't looked at his worksheets yet), for Data 1, hlookup tries to find 1 in the first row of Результаты_тензометрии, which it does in column 1.  The  match function returns 126, so hlookup then returns the value in row 126 of column 1.

However, in Data 2, 1 doesn't occur in row 1 (only 13 and 4.39 are in row 1), so it flags an error up.

Stuart

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Is this what you wanted to do?

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Here's another version using lookup.

Mike

Remember hlookup looks in the first row of a matrix.

From the help:

hlookup(z, A, r) Looks in the first row of a matrix, A, for a given value, z, and returns the value(s) in the same column(s) in the row specified, r. When the value(s) are returned, they appear in a vector, starting from the left.

Mike

No, I do not need other approaches to solving this problem, as it was seen from my first screenshot I found a workaround. I only had to deal with the "hlookup" function. Thanks.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

VladimirN. wrote:

With "Data 1":

Pic_1.png

With "Data 2":

Pic_2.png

Just to add to what Mike's written (I haven't looked at his worksheets yet), for Data 1, hlookup tries to find 1 in the first row of Результаты_тензометрии, which it does in column 1.  The  match function returns 126, so hlookup then returns the value in row 126 of column 1.

However, in Data 2, 1 doesn't occur in row 1 (only 13 and 4.39 are in row 1), so it flags an error up.

Stuart

Yes, I missed in the initial data "1". Thank you.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

пожалуйста, нет проблем, владимир

Stuart

Top Tags