cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

does prime still support animation?

dfaulkner
1-Newbie

@

9 REPLIES 9

David Faulkner wrote:

@

unfortunately - no.

And as far as I know there are no specific plans to (re)implement animations in Prime.

WE

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

And as far as I know there are no specific plans to (re)implement animations in Prime.

There is a non-specific plan to implement it at some point in the future.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RichardJ)

Richard Jackson wrote:

There is a non-specific plan to implement it at some point in the future.

Would that be Version 0 by any chance?  Or is my optimism getting the better of me?

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:StuartBruff)

1 I think. They have to implement all the integer numbers first, otherwise, we can't index the frames

Edit: BTW, have you ever read "White Light" by Rudy Rucker? If not, you should. I think you would enjoy it.

Richard Jackson wrote:

... BTW, have you ever read "White Light" by Rudy Rucker? If not, you should. I think you would enjoy it. ...

Quote: "Felix Rayman spends the day teaching indifferent students, pondering his theories on infinity, and daydreaming. When his dreams finally separate him from his physical body, Felix plunges headfirst into a multidimensional universe beyond the limits of space and time OCo the place of White Light".

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RichardJ)

Richard Jackson wrote:

1 I think. They have to implement all the integer numbers first, otherwise, we can't index the frames

Edit: BTW, have you ever read "White Light" by Rudy Rucker? If not, you should. I think you would enjoy it.

No, but I've ordered it from the Library, thanks.  I've got a few of his non-fiction books, though.

Stuart

Attached is an application built by my colleague using the Prime API. We're still working to refine it, but it's a tool that allows you to animate plots within your worksheet.

Take a look, play around with it, and let us know what you think.

Again, it's still rough, so you'll probably run into unhandled exceptions on occasion, but we figured we should give you what we've got so far rather than wait to perfect it before sharing it. We'll continue to work on it - if you do find issues, please let us know and we'll fix them in the next drop.

Luke Westbrook wrote:

Attached is an application built by my colleague using the Prime API. We're still working to refine it, but it's a tool that allows you to animate plots within your worksheet.

Take a look, play around with it, and let us know what you think.

Sorry, a Mathcad animation is one avi file, not exe.

(Mathcad without animation is not Mathcad!)

Anim1.png

Top Tags