cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Automate Things creation from Kepware Industrial connection thing

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine

Automate Things creation from Kepware Industrial connection thing

There are around 1200 assets to be connected to Thingworx platform from Kepware Gateway. Understand we can create entity and bind the tags from Industrial connector thing. Please suggest if there is any accelerator app which can automate creation of things through Kepware Industrial connection gateway thing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nhksrd
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

Thanks for the reply.

Based on channels and tags, we can plan to initiate a trigger for things creation after gateway is connected.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:nhksrd)

Hi @nhksrd.

Since we've received no responses on this, I reached out to someone on the support team that I thought might be able to provide some guidance.  Here is the response I received:

"For your community post. That is a bit of a tough one. I have not messed with automatically creating Industrial Things previously.

First thing is to differentiate between the Industrial Gateway and the Industrial Thing (Remote Things). Industrial Gateway is the connection to Kep and the Remote Things are what they want to create automatically. 

The approach may be to detect when the Industrial Gateway connects and then fire a subscription that goes and creates Things, skipping the Things if they already exist. One catch would be how their channels/tags are configured in Kep. That is to say how do they want their actual Remote Things to be created. What are we basing the remote thing on? Is it one remote thing per channel in Kepware? One per a specific set of Tags?

We would have to get the list of channels and tags then iterate over them, attempting to create a Thing with the desired remotely bound properties for each iteration."

This might be suitable for a case, but depending on how complicated it is, it may be necessary for you to contract with a consultant.  If you're interested in doing so, you may reach out to our Sales team for making the arrangements.

Regards.

--Sharon

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

Thanks for the reply.

Based on channels and tags, we can plan to initiate a trigger for things creation after gateway is connected.

Top Tags