cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Deploy CREO 10 using 7zip

cying
10-Marble

Deploy CREO 10 using 7zip

Prior to CREO 6, I can install a new release of CREO on my machine and create a 7zip archive.  Users can extract this archive and install this on their machine without using the software center or requiring local admin rights.  With the new releases now, you have to run the creoagent (creosvcs_64.exe) which requires admin rights.  PTC support stated that this is not a supported method, and not offering any workarounds.   I believe some folks are still using this method for their deployment.  Just curious how I can do this for our CREO 10 deployment and not have to rely on the software center. 

Thank you all in advance!

Calvin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:cying)

Hi,

try simple test:

• install Creo Parametric 10.0 on clean computer (I mean computer without any Creo installation)
  • zip installation
  • copy zip to another computer
  • unzip
  • run Creo

Note: In Creo 9.0 I had to add following lines at the end of parametric.psf file. Path corresponds with my installation.

ENV=CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=E:\PTC\Creo9_020\Creo\Agent\creoagent.exe
ENV=CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST=E:\PTC\Creo9_020\Creo\Platform\9\manifests

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:cying)

Hi,

try simple test:

• install Creo Parametric 10.0 on clean computer (I mean computer without any Creo installation)
  • zip installation
  • copy zip to another computer
  • unzip
  • run Creo

Note: In Creo 9.0 I had to add following lines at the end of parametric.psf file. Path corresponds with my installation.

ENV=CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=E:\PTC\Creo9_020\Creo\Agent\creoagent.exe
ENV=CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST=E:\PTC\Creo9_020\Creo\Platform\9\manifests

Martin Hanák

Thanks, I will try this and update this post 🙂

Top Tags