cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

ModelCHECK config_init.mc access

DJHyp
4-Participant

ModelCHECK config_init.mc access

I am using Creo Parametric Release 10.0 and Datecode10.0.3.0

I've been trying to give myself access to the ModelCHECK config_init.mc ( in C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 10.0.3.0\Common Files\modchk\text\usascii\config). I am the sole user and a system administrator on the the machine. I already altered config_init.mc to use the "external_access.txt" file on the line:

# Use the external file for authorization to use Configurator Tool
MC_AUTHORIZATION_FILE YN Y

and my external_access.txt file is:

# ModelCHECK authorization file
#######################
#User List
#################*#####
LIST_ADMINISTRATOR administrator
LIST_ADMINISTRATOR dee
#######################
#User List
#######################
LIST_USER

and yet I still can't edit the config file from inside Creo. (My Windows username is Dee). Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJHyp
4-Participant
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Thanks for the reply.

It worked, but with a couple additional details:

1) I did have to change my modelcheck_dir option in config.pro and copied the entire config folder to that personal directory where I have full rights by default.

2) I had to rename the default config_init.mc in the install folder so that it was NOT acted upon first (using admin rights).

Now it looks like I can edit everything. I wish this was more straightforward! Thanks for the assist @Mahesh_Sharma 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:DJHyp)

Hi @DJHyp 

As you mentioned you are the sole user and Admin for machine, I think in that case issue is about all privileges to installation folder. Possibly you don't have read/write access to ModelCHECK in installation directory. Checking write access to folder may help. Your configuration about setting MC_AUTHORIZATION_FILE is correct. 

Also, check if Creo is accessing ModelCHECK configuration files from some central location. You can confirm the same by checking config option modelcheck_dir or environment variable MC_DIR in system variables or in script (if using).

Additionally, you may copy the config folder and place it under other directory where you have all access and point that folder as the value of modelcheck_dir to continue the work. 

Edit: You may also try adding LIST_USER DEE in external_access.txt

I hope this should help.

Thanks. 

DJHyp
4-Participant
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Thanks for the reply.

It worked, but with a couple additional details:

1) I did have to change my modelcheck_dir option in config.pro and copied the entire config folder to that personal directory where I have full rights by default.

2) I had to rename the default config_init.mc in the install folder so that it was NOT acted upon first (using admin rights).

Now it looks like I can edit everything. I wish this was more straightforward! Thanks for the assist @Mahesh_Sharma 

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:DJHyp)

Thanks @DJHyp 

Good to know that issue is resolved. Just to add about point 2, when config modelcheck_dir is set to a custom location ModelCHECK will read config_init.mc from custom location only, even if there is other config_init.mc in default location. 

Thanks. 

Top Tags