cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

ePlan eView Issues with HoloLens 2

AI_10997663
1-Newbie

ePlan eView Issues with HoloLens 2

Good morning,

We are using ePlan eView to display 3D panels in AR. We recently acquired a HoloLens 2 as it was mentioned on Vuforia's support page that this was supported and that Vuforia View could be installed on it.

The issue we are having is that when you scan a QR code from ePlan eView, it then takes you to a log in page.

AI_10997663_0-1710856382787.png

This works fine in mobile devices, but the login page does not load in the HoloLens Vuforia View app.

AI_10997663_1-1710856403777.png

None of the content other than the white bar shows in the Vuforia View app in the HoloLens.

AI_10997663_2-1710856431365.jpeg

Because I can't log in to eView, I can't load the model. What can I do???? I need to get this working.

5 REPLIES 5
AlexK
14-Alexandrite
(To:AI_10997663)

If you use the same QR code as the mobile device (tablet or phone) it will not work, since they have a display where you can press the 2D UI buttons. AR experiences for the Hololens need a UI with 3D buttons.

This means the creator of the ePlan Experience needs to use a different template to create it.

Thanks for your response. Not the response I was hoping but makes sense. I'm hoping I can escalate this with ePlan and get this working soon.

AlexK
14-Alexandrite

The ePlan Experience looks quite complex, it would take a lot of work to get everything running on the Hololens, maybe you're lucky and they have a beta version ready to try out.

glajci
4-Participant

Hi. I'm from EPLAN dev team.

We do not support eyewear.

eVIEW AR is designed and published for mobile devices only.

Please see the system requirements:

FAQs EPLAN eVIEW Free

@glajci , thanks to the EPLAN team  for participating on the Vuforia Communty!

Top Tags