cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Upgraded from Windchill 11.0 to 12.1 cannot use custom XSL stylesheet

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

Upgraded from Windchill 11.0 to 12.1 cannot use custom XSL stylesheet

Here's an odd one. We just upgraded from Windchill 11.0 to 12.1 and one of the custom reports is not working. After some investigating, it appears that the report only works using the default XSL file "templates\reports\xslfo.xsl" for the custom URL. Changing the name to anything else results in a report not loading correctly. Anyone know what is causing this? I currently have a support ticket open, but progress seems to be very slow.

Aaronm87_0-1693505046425.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aaronm87
12-Amethyst
(To:Aaronm87)

Finally got this sorted out. In case anyone has this in the future here is how to fix it.

It appears that the properties didn't exist in the Windchill 11 install, but for some reason exist in Windchill 12. To create additional reports tech support gave me the following xconf command to run. Just replace <custom filename> with the name of the file you wish to use.

xconfmanager -s wt.services/svc/default/wt.util.xml.xslt.extn.ExtensionFunctionDefinitionDelegate/<custom filename>.xsl/java.lang.Object/0=com.ptc.windchill.xsl.extn.ExtensionFunctionDefinitionsReportTemplate/duplicate -t codebase\service.properties -p

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Aaronm87 \

What is the another name? there is a XSL file and if you change the name, there needs to be the correct named file. 

So if you have upgraded system, you should have copied the custom files from source system. 

PetrH

Literally any other name will no work. If I make a copy of the xslfo.xsl file and rename it to xslfo1.xsl and change the XSL URL, I receive an error and the PDF does not generate. The files were copied over from the source system.

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst
(To:Aaronm87)

Finally got this sorted out. In case anyone has this in the future here is how to fix it.

It appears that the properties didn't exist in the Windchill 11 install, but for some reason exist in Windchill 12. To create additional reports tech support gave me the following xconf command to run. Just replace <custom filename> with the name of the file you wish to use.

xconfmanager -s wt.services/svc/default/wt.util.xml.xslt.extn.ExtensionFunctionDefinitionDelegate/<custom filename>.xsl/java.lang.Object/0=com.ptc.windchill.xsl.extn.ExtensionFunctionDefinitionsReportTemplate/duplicate -t codebase\service.properties -p

Top Tags