cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Eclipse Integration how to get class files under version control

JavierRubioEliz
1-Newbie

Eclipse Integration how to get class files under version control

Hello,

I need to know how it is possible to get the class files from a java project under version control?

I know normally it is not necessary but in our use case we need it.

Thanks in advanced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Javier,

The Integrity Eclipse Integration follows the Eclipse preferences for ignored resources, so to have the integration pick up these files, you need to remove *.class from the Team Ignored Resources. You can do this under: Window -> Preferences ->Team -> Ignored Resources, uncheck *.class.

Whether your view in Eclipse shows or doesn't show the .class files would be based on which views you're using in Eclipse, and how they are configured. I believe the Navigator view is the one most likely to show .class files by default, as opposed to the Package Explorer.

Does this help?

Kristina

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Javier,

Apparently (I'm not an Eclipse expert) this should be fairly straightforward to do. Could you post a screenshot of your Eclipse IDE, or describe it further? In particular, do you have the decorator open to show files under Source Integrity control, and do you have .jars listed as a resource type?

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hello Kael,

thanks for your quick answer. Im using Eclipse Kepler and I installed the PTC Intgetiry Plugin. The integration is working fine and I can import a Integrity Source Eclipse Project and work on it.

As you can see on the picture if I modify a java file it is automatically lock in intgerity but the class file not.Picture.PNG

In the Eclipse Client I was not able to display the class file and to add them to a Change Package.

Could you now understand my usecase better ?

Hi Javier,

The Integrity Eclipse Integration follows the Eclipse preferences for ignored resources, so to have the integration pick up these files, you need to remove *.class from the Team Ignored Resources. You can do this under: Window -> Preferences ->Team -> Ignored Resources, uncheck *.class.

Whether your view in Eclipse shows or doesn't show the .class files would be based on which views you're using in Eclipse, and how they are configured. I believe the Navigator view is the one most likely to show .class files by default, as opposed to the Package Explorer.

Does this help?

Kristina

Top Tags