cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Windchill RV&S copyXDomain FDO

twiatr
6-Contributor

Windchill RV&S copyXDomain FDO

Hello,

Several years ago, our PTC representative provide us a FDO called "copyCrossDomain", that allow copy of document content from one type to another one. We have not used it yet, but some user ask me for such a feature. 

This FDO consist of a single JAR file, that's easy to set up. But the version we got contains bugs  : for example, a bug when pasting hierarchically linked contents

Does anyone use this FDO, and could have an improved version ? (our file is "CopyDomain.jar" and is dated of december 21, 2014) 

Thanks by advance,

2 REPLIES 2

Hi twiatr,

Thank you for your question. 
I’d like to recommend to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry

It also helps to have screenshot(s) to better understand what you are trying to do in your process. 

This will increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members. 

Regards,

Community Moderation Team.

twiatr
6-Contributor
(To:twiatr)

Hello vnamboodheri,

Thank you for your answer and your advice.

I did not give many details about my need, because I was just looking for an update of a piece of code formerly developped by PTC (as I recall, by @VolkerEckardt) . As it is released as an FDO, I hope that other companies use it, and can possibly have a newer version than ours ( dated of december 21, 2014). 

If the solution is more complicated than just replace the "CopyDomain.jar"  file, I'm afraid we are just going to do with the current release.

Thanks by advance, 

Thomas WIATR

Top Tags