cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Collecting Windchill Tasks For Each User

CR_10056409
4-Participant

Collecting Windchill Tasks For Each User

I am trying to collect all open Windchill tasks for each user so I can link power bi and make some tables.

I found that I can use https://<host>/Windchill/servlet/odata/ChangeMgmt/ChangeTasks to get my tasks but I want my tasks plus everyone else's so I can neatly show the data of the open tasks.

Has any come across a solution for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
12 REPLIES 12

What about using the Open Tasks report using Query Builder? I forget if that one is OOTB but can be easily imported if you need it.

Thank you for the response, that works but the only problem is I would have to continually grab the report and import it into Power BI.  My goal is to be able to just refresh the power BI dashboard and have the data update if that makes sense

Its possible to pull the report into Excel via and have it pull down data by refreshing. Its how I do all my complex metrics reporting. I pull 4 reports and combine. Does Power BI have the ability to pull data from a web query?

avillanueva_0-1662744852406.png

It does have that ability but I am struggling to get it to work because it requires anonymous credentials which my URL is not agreeing with.

I was able to get the authorization to work but Power BI was unable to get information from te web page

Ensure that the report is defaulting to render as an HTML page. The new style of reports has a left slider that accepts query input. By forcing to old style and HTML, it just displays and you can select the table to import. This can be done with the right parameters in the URL.

https://<your host.com>/Windchill/servlet/WindchillAuthGW/wt.enterprise.URLProcessor/URLTemplateAction?format=formatDelegate&delegateName=HTML&xsl1=&xsl2=&oid=OR%3Awt.query.template.ReportTemplate%3A1488903795&action=ExecuteReport

avillanueva_0-1662750333045.png

SARAN
5-Regular Member
(To:CR_10056409)

Hi , 

I am tried this same it is working fine without SSO system, If SSO enabled system the URL is not working. the below error message is occurred. Any thing need to be provide some details?

Can you help on to resolve this.?

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:SARAN)

Hi @SARAN 

You need to solve the issue with your SSO system provider. 

PetrH

SARAN
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

yes

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:SARAN)

So , you need to contact a person in your organization who is responsible for the SSO.

PetrH

SARAN
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi HelesicPetr,

Any parameter additionally send to this URL? Do you have any idea on this. 

Top Tags