cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creating menufor/nmAction action for a new type

crosato
1-Newbie

Creating menufor/nmAction action for a new type

Hello, I'm trying to create an brand new Action row dropdown for a new type we are setting up. I've created the table, and a new action/actionModel.xml's (referenced from custom-actionModels.xml) but the dropdown just won't show.

In the new actionModel I've called out the model's menufor, for the type, and confirmed that the type populating the table matches with jcaDebug. From the jsp I've tried to specifically call the model name, but that also does nothing.

Does anybody know if this functionality is only available OOTB with WC defined types? So our brand new type wouldn't be able to take advantage of this easily? The customizers guide seems to say it is possible though.

Any help would be appreciated...

4 REPLIES 4

Just a simple screen shot showing exactly what I'm trying to add. The 'Actions' link for the Actions column...

Anybody know what I'm missing?

I've been reading through the guide, and outside of creating a menufor, for my hard type, in the actionModel and calling nmActions as one of my columnID's, I figured I should at least have the actions link, or a blank actions menu. To "test" it out, I have a single action in the dropdown that is of type object. Is there someplace I have to register my type? I've created a toolbar on the exact page, for my hard type and that's working without issue. All the actions for this toolbar are in the same action/actionModel xml file as the menufor tag...

To add to this, the action I'm trying to use as the menufor works completely fine when I set it as a menu bar name in the describeTable. So WC actually sees my action, but is not setting it as the menufor.

In Reply to Chris Rosato:

Anybody know what I'm missing?

I've been reading through the guide, and outside of creating a menufor, for my hard type, in the actionModel and calling nmActions as one of my columnID's, I figured I should at least have the actions link, or a blank actions menu. To "test" it out, I have a single action in the dropdown that is of type object. Is there someplace I have to register my type? I've created a toolbar on the exact page, for my hard type and that's working without issue. All the actions for this toolbar are in the same action/actionModel xml file as the menufor tag...

ddemay
1-Newbie
(To:crosato)

Chris did you look at

/Windchill/netmarkets/jsp/carambola/tools/actionReport/action.jsp

Or try same url as above and change ending file from action.jsp to actionModel.jsp??

Let me know what it tells you.

Is your modeled class registered in classRegistry.properties file?

Dave

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Top Tags