cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo new file Windchill OIR not apply (10 sequence)

YJ_10068754
5-Regular Member

Creo new file Windchill OIR not apply (10 sequence)

hello. I would like to use 10-digit numbering when creating a new product in Creo connected to Winchill.
After installing the basic OOTB (Windchill 12.0.2.7), I confirmed that a 10-digit sequence was given when I connected Creo to the server and created a new one without any settings. After modifying Windchill EPMDocument OIR from 10 digits to 5 digits, a 5 digit sequence is given even when creating a new one in Creo. (Confirm that the changes are applied)

However, no number is given at all from the actual operating server that has been used and upgraded for a long time. When you connect Creo to Windchill and create a new file, it is created as prt0001. Even if you import OOTB's EPMDocument OIR and edit it with the operation server EPM OIR, the symptom is the same.
It seems that OIR cannot be applied at all in Creo.

4 REPLIES 4

Have you set the following preference

Site > Utilities > Preference Management > Operation > New Cad Document > Synchronize CAD file name with CAD Document Number to YES.

Regards
~Syed

YJ_10068754
5-Regular Member
(To:shussaini)

yes. It's set up correctly.

YJ_10068754
5-Regular Member
(To:YJ_10068754)

I found this out by searching technical documentation.

$WT_HOME\codebase\com\ptc\windchill\uwgm\aad\xml\EPMDefaultSoftTypes.xml

I found that the proe-related properties of the file were set to custom.
Modified to basic OOTB file.

Afterwards, whenever you try to do something in Creo (create a new file, sync your workspace, etc...)
An error pop-up appears asking you to contact the administrator.
The following log occurs in the server log.

ERROR : com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.soap.uwgm.UwgmTransactionResult wcadmin - UwgmTransactionResult.replaceEntity: entity of type : uwgmdb::SoftTypeL01 has null GUId so cannot replace entity

When I searched for the error, I found information that the Internet domain name of the EPMDocument type may be incorrect, but I don't know how to check the Internet domain name.

Hello @YJ_10068754

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags