cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Dynamic Positioning - Options and Variants

AR_10666332
5-Regular Member

Dynamic Positioning - Options and Variants

Hello,

I have a simple issue. Assume I have a geometry in my part that uses a parameter from windchill, coming from WTPart to the CAD object. The Idea is to input this attribute during the actions configure (ie. Option filter is done as well as the parameter input in the second step using parameter at top level and child resolution given to the required child). The issue is that, the child receiving this parameter, since it needs the parameter in order to propagate from WTPart to the CAD object, that respective child needs to be configurable. However, if that node is configurable, then we cannot define Locators. Is there a way to maintain the Parameter appearing because of configurable module yes and have the locators for that node appear as well.

Cheers.

2 REPLIES 2
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:AR_10666332)

I don't really understand what is the issue here , the locators tab can be seen only on configurable :

Fadel_0-1694612687944.png

Fede
AR_10666332
5-Regular Member
(To:Fadel)

Hello,

Sorry, I was not clear enough. I meant the child will not show in the locators tab.

Bellow is the example for the same, the highlighted part is currently non configurable and shows in the Locators tab.

AR_10666332_0-1694690202889.png

Now the child 22 is being edited to be a configurable part, since I need a parameter such as length to be available during the actions configure, so that the length is propagated to WTPart as well as the EPMDocument. Below image is after part 22 has been made configurable and how id does not appear in the locators tab.

AR_10666332_1-1694690354598.png

Thank you.

Top Tags