cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Exporting all part numbers to CSV file

DanPonjican
1-Newbie

Exporting all part numbers to CSV file

I have about 99k documents in a Library folder (no WTParts or anything else in PDMLink yet... just documents in the Library). I need a list of all the part numbers exported out to a CSV or text file. I need to do some data comparison with our ERP system (need to find missing parts). What is the easiest way to export this information? I already tried running a search for all items and using the export to CSV icon on the results report but it crashes the method server. Can I connect directly to the oracle table using something like Toad and run an external query?
2 REPLIES 2

sqlplus .... select number from WTPartMaster where context like ...; select number from WTDocumetMaster where context like ...;

Use the Report Manager. If you only care about numbers, use the WTPartMaster as the table to search. Then select all the fields you need. If you require additional attributes (IBAs), us WTPart. Link it to the context (ie: library) you want to use if you need it narrowed down by library. Library name can also be used as an input parameter so you can go library by library. Once you run the query, you can always save the URL generated to return to that same query at any time. Or import the results as a web query into an excel to see the results in a spreadsheet.
Top Tags