cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Help with Report Builder to give Windchill DS bind CN information for Windchill user accounts

tjerome
10-Marble

Help with Report Builder to give Windchill DS bind CN information for Windchill user accounts

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.1 and Datecode with CPS 12.1.2.1

i need to run a report showing the list of windchill users and the Windchil DS Bind CN information for each account. I am preparing a list of users so that I can use the Disconnected Participant tool for my WindchillDS users prior to upgrade to HTTPS.Is this possible using the report builder function in Windchill PDM link and if so how?

6 REPLIES 6
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:tjerome)

Yes, you want to include the RemoteObjectID and RemoteObjectInfo table to your query and join with WTUser. This shows the path in the LDAP for that user.

Hi Antonio,

Didn't know this - very helpful.

Differences for openDJ vs. Windchill DS?

What is the join type for the query?

Windchill DS is OpenDJ with some PTC tailoring. I am using OpenDJ currently after hopping through Windchill DS temporarily during upgrade from 11.1. No difference from this perspective. 

Do you have a SQL table viewer? Its very easy to see the columns and see how they related.  You would want an outer join in case there is a user who did not have a mapping in the LDAP.

Here is what I did:

avillanueva_0-1700053696490.png

You can make this an outer join since if they are disconnected, it might not have a remote object info.

avillanueva_1-1700053770048.png

Filter out disabled users

avillanueva_2-1700053831384.png

This shows the path in the LDAP.

Hello tjerome,
Will you need further information?
KR,

Charles.

cgautier
17-Peridot
(To:tjerome)

Hello tjerome,
Thanks for reaching out, this is Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe.
Was the information provided helpful somehow?
KR,

Charles.

Top Tags